C-CAMP has partnered with BIRAC and Act Grants to co-fund near deployment ready innovations for COVID-through the C-CAMP Covid Fund to fast track deployment and scale-up of COVID-19 innovations to mitigate the on-going pandemic.
- To fund and support the startups/entrepreneurs/innovators working in the space of COVID-19, thereby enabling them to deploy their products and facilitate towards their success in the market place.
- To promote and support innovations to mitigate the COVID-19 pandemic in India.
The grant scheme is open for Startups and Individual Entrepreneurs
Innovations can be in the following categories: screening, diagnostics, therapeutics, preventives, containment strategies, public health & other categories including but not limited to focussed technologies in
- mobile health technologies for screening and homecare,
- diagnostic kits and Point of Care tests,
- protective gear and sterilization innovations for care providers,
- digital triaging tools and risk stratifying systems,
- low cost ventilators and oxygen therapy units,
- AI systems to assist critical care,
- supply chain innovations,
- volunteerism and service innovations and
- scalable plug and play isolation units, treatment tents
- Products/services which are ready to deploy/scale
- Applicant must be incubated/willing to incubate at C-CAMP
Quantum of funding:
Grant support of up to INR 25 L per startup/entrepreneur on a milestone-based tranche release for 1 year duration.
Scope of Support:
The program offers supports for several aspects of successful deployment, including
- Pilot deployment, operational validation, and field implementation
- Scaling through industry and manufacturing partnerships
Deadline: Apr 7, 2021
For any further information, please contact email@example.com Centre for Cellular and Molecular Platforms, NCBS-TIFR, GKVK, Bellary Road, Bangalore 560065, India. Phone: 91-80-67185055
InnAccel technologies Pvt Ltd
InnAccel is a Bengaluru based Medtech company solving unmet clinical needs for the low resource settings with its innovative medical devices. VapCare is the world’s first and only automated, intelligent, closed-loop secretion clearance system for ventilated patients - minimizing nurses’ exposure to patients’ fluids. VAPCare is a Ventilator Associated Pneumonia (VAP) preventive device which helps prevent patients on ventilator from contracting infections, a common cause for ICU related deaths. The device has been granted a utility patent in India, China as well as the US. The company was awarded Aarohan Social Innovation Awards, 2020 and Rashtriya Swayamsiddh Vishesh samman for Innovation & Technology, 2019.
Cardiac Design Labs Pvt Ltd
Cardiac Design Labs is a Bengaluru based start-up providing efficient cardiac monitoring and diagnosis by deploying intelligent systems that enable automatic remote reporting that saves both time and cost. This is possible with their intelligent wearable device running on proprietary algorithms and a connected system for real time access and reporting. The Padma Vitals Telemetric Patient Monitoring System is a centralized vitals monitoring system with all vitals such as ECG, respiration rate, SpO2, body temperature and blood pressure being measured continuously for analysis and monitoring enabled through telemetry. This gives monitoring capabilities from a central location where multiple patients can be simultaneously monitored. This central location could be a nursing desk monitoring in a ward or a remote monitoring center/hospital. AI based algorithms will alert in case a patient needs attention. The company is a recipient of may wards like “Market Place of Medical Innovations” by ICMR, 2017, “Emerge 50 league of 10” for the year 2016 by NASSCOM and Winner of “Grand Jury Prize” at Startup India Launchpad 2016 by Google.
Biodesign Innovation Labs Pvt Ltd
Biodesign Innovation Labs is a medical device and healthcare technology start-up based in Bangalore, working on a lifesaving affordable and portable medical device ventilator. RespirAID is an easy to use, portable mechanical ventilation device that provides volume-controlled ventilation for patients in ER, Ambulance, Post-operative care, anaesthesia, transport ventilation and ICU. The product has helped save 50+ lives across hospitals in Karnataka. It has been deployed in 20 + major hospitals across India such as Manipal Hospital, Narayana Hospital, Yenepoya Hospital, St. John’s Medical College, Karnataka government hospitals. The company was featured in Forbes India cover page and in Forbes India's 7 Indian "Ventures Vs Virus”. The company is also a recipient of the Qualcomm Design Challenge Award.