Job openings at the Office Of Technology Transfer @ C-CAMP
C-CAMP Technology Transfer Office (TTO) established with the support of the National Biopharma Mission has the mandate to move innovations and discoveries from the laboratories to the marketplace for greater societal benefit. It intends to bridge the research community to the industry and start-ups through strategically evaluating, protecting and licensing its innovations. The TTO’s aim is to sustain an ecosystem where both excellent science and entrepreneurship can complement each other and thrive. If you would like to be part of this system and wish to create an impact by catalysing knowledge transfer, please consider applying for the following positions:
The following skills and abilities are necessary requirements for working at the TTO.:
- Strong attention to detail, be able to understand the big picture and longer term goals.
- Integrity, strong business ethics and service orientation.
- Proven ability to manage a high volume workload in a fast-paced environment with rapidly shifting priorities
- Officers in senior positions are expected to carry a larger caseload, perform their duties with minimal supervision, and act as a mentor to newer members of the TTO staff;
- Demonstrated initiative, ability to prioritize workload, follow up with diverse stakeholders, meet deadlines, and work productively both on an independent basis and as a collaborative member of a team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
The job duties listed are only a representation of the work performed by positions generally classified under this job category and are not to be interpreted as a comprehensive list of responsibilities and duties attached to that job. Aspirants may also perform other duties as assigned. The initial offer is for two years. Further extension will depend upon the performance of the individual. Compensation offered will be commensurate with qualifications and experience and will not be a limitation to the deserving candidate. Please apply stating your qualifications, experience, current position and compensation drawn highlighting the vacancy you would like to be considered against to :
Human Resources, Centre for Cellular and Molecular Platforms (C-CAMP), GKVK Campus, Bellary Road, Bengaluru 560065 OR to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position applied for, MUST be shown in the subject line clearly. Certificates/ testimonials need not be attached now.
Positions: (i) 1 Senior Licensing Specialist
(ii) 1 Innovation Manager
Senior Licensing specialist and Innovation Manager will have the primary responsibility of forging linkages between the TTO and the industry and/ or Venture Capital. Primary aim is to project the TTO’s capabilities and link the TTO to clients seeking IP protection and licensing support; to secure funding and incubating start-ups within the TTO incubator ecosystem and build technology transfer opportunities within the TTO’s operational base. Some research and/or business experience and familiarity with material transfer agreements or other contracts would be a plus, as would negotiation experience. fostering strategic relationships with entrepreneurs, venture capitalists, and industry partners.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create Licensing and IP Management opportunities for the TTO
- Work with inventors to determine technology milestones, timelines for moving technology into a commercial product.
- Negotiate various agreements, including licenses or options for intellectual property rights, and manage ongoing relationships with licensees;
- Help identify potential licensees and contacts within those companies.
- Assess market opportunities and track market trends. Convert them to in-house R&D and licensing opportunities
- Participate in outreach events to promote TTO
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Sensitize researchers and students to technology transfer and commercialization.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from a reputed university in the biological sciences, or other science related field;
- Management degree from a reputed Business School
- At least two to four years’ technology licensing, business development, contract negotiation, or commercial assessment experience, including execution of varied business contracts;
- Working knowledge of intellectual property law, intellectual property evaluation, and contracts. Experience working collaboratively with researchers or technical staff in intellectual property matters.
Deadline for both positions is 31st October, 2021