COVID-19 Response: Local Logistics National Effort
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The DST- NIDHI-C-CAMP Accelerator is designed for start-ups in the Life sciences, Healthcare and Agritech domains, with an objective of fast-tracking the growth of the start-up from development towards go-to-market, through a structured program. It is a cohort based, deep-dive mentorship program, customized for each start-up’s specific requirements and areas where support is needed.
The Accelerator Program will have a mix of best practices to help start-ups evolve into successful ventures. This program aims to nurture startups working on innovative solutions to bring social and economic impact.
The cornerstone of the Program will be the customized, one-on-one mentorship sessions that will cover scientific, technical and business mentoring. Domain specific mentoring and clinics will also be provided eg IP, Regulatory, Biodiversity Act. There will also be cohort/group based workshops and seminars on topics of common importance eg Building a Business Model Canvas, Negotiating an Investor Term Sheet. Networking meetings with peers, potential partners, Investors. At the end, the aim is to have provided the startup with the requisite inputs and networks to startup should be fundable-ready by Demo-Day.
The DST NIDHI - C-CAMP Accelerator Program is supported by the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India under its umbrella NIDHI (National Initiative for Developing and Harnessing Innovations) Scheme
- Structured 4 month program - High quality Mentoring, Networking Events etc
- Program participants will be assigned a dedicated mentor
- Will be 360O Mentorship and Acceleration in all domains
- Scientific, Technical and Business Mentorship will be provided
- The mentoring sessions will be held once a week for each start-up for the entire 4-month duration.
- Curated Domain knowledge Workshops
- On Demo Day graduating companies will be showcased to investors and potential customers
- Start-up registered in India and major ownership is by Indian citizen/s
- Start-ups working in Life Science, Healthcare and Agritech domains
- Start-ups with minimum viable product (MVP) or with early proof-of-concept/validation studies
- The call for application opens on May 25, 2022 and the last date for submission of applications is July 10, 2022.
- Participants are requested to fill an online application form where they have to give details of their company, problem they are trying to address, Business model etc.
- After a preliminary administrative check, the applications that clear the administrative check will be evaluated for criteria such as scientific strength, commercialisation potential, value proposition and go-to-market strategy, scalability and sustainability.
- The shortlisted applications will be evaluated online, by a Panel of Experts and the top 20 applicants will be invited to make a presentation to a Selection Committee, comprising a representative from Academia, Government, Industry, Investor and C-CAMP Management.
- The Selection Committee will select the Cohort for the Accelerator Program.
- 15 start-ups will be selected for this Accelerator Program.
- Criteria for Selection
- The Selection Committee will shortlist applications based on:
- Scientific strength
- Commercialisation potential
- Value proposition
- Go-to-market strategy
- Demo day
At the end of the 4 month Accelerator Program, a Demo Day will be conducted where the start-ups will make presentations to an invited audience of Investors, potential customers and other partners.
DST Website: https://dst.gov.in/
NSTEDB Website: https://www.nstedb.com/
C-CAMP Website: https://www.ccamp.res.in