We are seeking highly motivated, self-driven team players for the following positions:
Applications are open for the position :Facility - in- charge, Proteomics facility at C-CAMP.
The Proteomics Research Core Facility provides infrastructure for the identification and quantification of proteins, and their post-transcriptional modifications (PTMs). This includes expertise in PTM enrichment strategies, peptide separations, state-of-the-art mass spectrometry (MS) for discovery-driven experiments, and targeted workflows for sensitive, quantitative monitoring of proteins. The facility develops and adapts sample preparation techniques, MS approaches and software to provide cutting-edge solutions for individual research projects.
The successful candidate will:
* Lead the CCAMP Proteomics Core Facility and coordinate a team of technicians and trainees.
* Consult scientists on the technical capabilities of shotgun/discovery and targeted proteomic approaches
* Support on campus academic researchers with state-of-the-art proteomic analyses
* Develop and implement new techniques to keep the performance of the unit at the highest possible level
* Adapt hard and software as appropriate
* Coordinate activities with other labs within the CCAMP/inStem/NCBS campus to maximize synergy
* Managing the day-to-day operations of the Proteomics and Mass Spectrometry core facility.
* Develop and improve operation of the proteomics facility.
* Develop tools, methods and approaches to analyze proteomics datasets
* Lead training programs for students and trainees to learn hands-on proteomics, enable trainees to use on campus equipment to carry out cutting edge proteomics.
* Ensuring that the facility maintains state-of-the-art instrumentation and is working at the frontiers of the relevant field.
* Aid in biological interpretation of proteomic data
* Prepare/process samples for protein analysis
* Use LC/MS/MS equipment and software tools to acquire data on extracted samples
* Lead staff who will perform standard QA/QC procedures
* Ensure routine maintenance on analytical instrumentation
* Present work at internal and external meetings
* Overseeing budget and spending;
* Analyzing the cost of research projects;
* Overseeing and maintaining essential equipment; Purchasing materials and supplies; general lab maintenance.
* PhD with post-phd experience, primarily in developing proteomic methods using LC/MS/MS based approaches.
* This must include direct, hands on experience with quantitative, large scale proteomics including label-free proteomics, SILAC, BONCAT and other cutting edge methods in proteomics.
* Hands-on experience with analysis software (Skyline, MassHunter, MultiQuant, MASCOT or equivalent)
* Experience using statistical packages and data visualization tools is a plus
* Strong analytical skills
* Good organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
* Excellent presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written
* Willingness to train, teach students and trainees for their proteomics projects.
* Willingness to build a facility for wide usage, with the emphasis on method development, and sample analysis.
* Curiosity, creativity, and open-mindedness, and willingness to work within the mandates of the institutes.
* Strong team spirit and work ethic.
Compensation will be based on the Qualification and Experience. The position is on Contract basis, initially for a period of one year and further extensions will be based on the performance assessment.
Apply to email@example.com . The last date is 25th June 2017.