Centre for Cellular and Molecular Platforms (C-CAMP), is a Dept. of Biotechnology (Govt. of India) initiative and a not for profit organization based in Bangalore. We act as an enabler of Bioscience Research, Innovation and Entrepreneurship by providing Research, Development, Training and Services in State Of The Art Technology Platforms. As a part C-CAMP's mandate of promoting entrepreneurship and innovation, C-CAMP has created and fostered an entrepreneur-friendly culture in and around academic/research environment through its involvement in seed funding schemes for Startups, Entrepreneur Mentorship program and Bio-incubation facility.
Applications are open for the position: Facility Assistant, Electron Microscopy Facility at C-CAMP:
The electron microscopy facility is a multidisciplinary research and educational core facility. Currently it maintains two electron microscopes including high-resolution transmission electron microscope (TEM) Tecnai T12 G2 spirit and high-resolution field emission scanning electron microscope (SEM) Merlin Compact VP as well as biological sample preparation lab. The EM facility emphasizes on education and training and supports the research needs for students and faculty within the bio luster by training them to a level where they can independently conduct their electron microscopy based experiments.
The successful candidate will:
- report to the Facility In-charge with tasks that relate to instrument maintenance and upgradation, and facility users with tasks relating to imaging.
- be required to update themselves with new hardwares and softwares, and assist with biological sample preparation, or any other imaging-specific tasks that are required by the scientists.
- be required to help with training students and ensuring that they are well-versed with safe and optimal usage of the various EM instruments.
* MSc with experience in EM imaging is desirable but not compulsory
- Good organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Willingness to train, teach students and trainees for their proteomics projects.
- Willingness to build a facility for wide usage, with the emphasis on method development, and sample analysis.
- Curiosity, creativity, and open-mindedness, and willingness to work within the mandates of the institutes.
Strong team spirit and work ethic.
Compensation will be based on the Qualification and Experience. The position is on Contract basis, initially for a period of one year and further extensions will be based on the performance assessment.
Apply to email@example.com .Last date is 02 June 2019.