BIRAC REGIONAL ENTREPRENEURSHIP CENTRE (BREC)
The Biotechnology Industrial Research Assistance Council (BIRAC) in partnership with Centre for Cellular and Molecular Platforms (C-CAMP) has set up the BIRAC REGIONAL ENTREPRENEURSHIP CENTRE (BREC) with an objective of encouraging the spirit of bio-entrepreneurship, facilitating the creation of life science start-ups and mentoring start-ups to increase their chances of success.
Need for Amplification of Bio-Entrepreneurship
The surge of innovation-led bio-entrepreneurship across India has laid the foundations of a biotech startup nation and it is imperative to build on this towards amplifying entrepreneurship related activities, which can bridge the identified gaps such as:
- Expanding entrepreneurship related awareness in colleges, universities and research institutions
- Providing focused mentorship to start ups and entrepreneurial individuals including academics
- Providing access to networks
Aims & Objectives of BREC
The aim of BREC would be to foster and facilitate bio-entrepreneurship including imparting bio-entrepreneurs necessary knowledge and skills for transforming innovative biotech ideas into successful & sustainable ventures, which create national and global impact.
- Create and inculcate a spirit of bio-entrepreneurship
- Facilitate and catalyze the journey of biotech ideas of bio-entrepreneurs towards commercialization
- Enable and empower bio-entrepreneurs through business and technology advice and mentorship covering all aspects of business such as Finance, Legal, IP, HR, Business model, Business plans, Go-to Market strategy and others